SEN Support Worker - Buckingham - £10 per hour
Working Hours: 173 hours per month
We are recruiting for a SEN Support Worker to join a team working with children aged 8-18 years old based in Buckingham.
Our client has a clear mission of providing high quality residential care, education and other wrap around services which offers a bespoke specialist service to Local Authorities ensuring that they get the best outcomes for their young people.
They are proud of the quality services that they offer to local authorities, children and their staff. They are a provider of choice, offering long term placement stability and through their road to resilience. They also achieved a Investors in People accreditation in 2016, certifying that they are also now recognised as an Employer of Choice for their staff.
The successful candidate may be required to work on a rolling shift pattern and be required to sleep in at an increased rate.
Benefits of this SEN Support Worker role include:
* £10 per hour
* Supportive team and management
* Excellent training development
Responsibilities of this SEN Support Worker role include:
* To lead by example and maintain good professional practices in accordance with the minimum standards for children's homes.
* To be held accountable for the safety and wellbeing of our young people, whilst on shift with them.
* To help create a supportive and positive environment for each young person with particular reference to his or her safety, health and education.
* To act as a surrogate parent with professional boundaries.
* Manage your personal emotions to deal with complex and challenging situations in a safe, objective and solution-focused manner.
* Look after the young people and the team members you work with and understand the importance of supporting others to come to solutions themselves and supporting the independence of the young people.
* Ensure that you are a role model to the young people and to the rest of the team and lead by example at all times.
* Take responsibility for your actions, be open and honest in all communications and will be a champion of self-reflection in order to continuously grow and develop in your knowledge and practice.
* To provide a supportive and nurturing delivery of residential childcare in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Essential requirements of this SEN Support Worker role include:
* Safe, flexible, caring, guiding/ teaching and interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate complex issues working as one team with all those involved
* Flexibility including shift working and sleeping in as required when trained
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.