Forensic Social Worker - Lewisham - £28 - £35 per hour
We are recruiting for an experienced Forensic Social Worker to join a Forensic Team in Lewisham.
In this role as a successful Forensic Social Worker, you will be the reason why people's lives change for the better as you will help some of the most vulnerable people gain a brighter future. You will be working 37.5 hours a week alongside the multidisciplinary team at a private hospital, where you will provide care for adult patients 18+ with a forensic background and enduring mental health illnesses such as personality disorder, substance misuse issues and behaviours that challenge.
Benefits as a Forensic Social Worker:
* Competitive pay £28-35 per hour (depending on experience)
* Extra training
* On going work
* Good management and support
Responsibilities as a Forensic Social Worker:
* You will be working in an environment where there is a strong emphasis on teamwork and CPD, where you will have continuous access to a range of training opportunities to move your career forward.
* With previous experience from the NHS or private care, you will manage a complex caseload where you will be responsible for social care assessments, risk assessments, facilitate group activities, and will contribute to ICR meetings, supporting service users to make viable plans for their future.
* You will build individual rapports to support people to engage in their treatment plans and to build a brighter future. You will collate information relating to service users and their care plans.
* A range of training opportunities are available that can see your career grow and you achieve your career aspirations.
Additional responsibilities as a Forensic Social Worker:
* Complete comprehensive social care assessments and reports as required from the pre-admission to discharge stage
* Liaising with the home authorities at the point of admission and maintaining this liaison function through to discharge stage
* Collaborating with the home authorities and service users to support families in the decision making/care planning process
* Contribute to the preparation of reports for Mental Health Review Tribunals, appeals to MH Act Independent Hospital Managers and attending hearings
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
* Good working knowledge of the relevant legislation
* Experience of working in a mental health setting
* To be registered with the HCPC
* CQSW or CSS or Dip SW or Degree in Social Work
* Understand and champion the social perspective on mental health
Requirements as a Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.