Social Work Team Manager - Children with Disabilities - Sheffield - £35 to £40 per hour
The Children with Disabilities Team in Sheffield are looking for a widely experienced Social Work Team Manager to help deliver their vision. They require a self-motivated, innovative, and creative social work professional, who is able to lead and provide operational delivery for children and young people with disabilities.
You will have experience of working with children and young people who have disabilities and you will have experience of undertaking and/or managing capacity assessments, best interest decision, deprivation of liberty safeguards and will have a thorough knowledge of education, health and care planning.
The desired candidate will have wide experience of complex safeguarding investigations and practices, such as child protection planning and care proceedings. The service is based in Sheffield City Centre and during the pandemic they are working part office part working from home using IT.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Stable authority
* Regular supervision
* Combination of office and home working available
* Flexible working hours
Duties of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Contributing to service improvements and developments within an agreed work plan linked to the Children and Families fieldwork service plan.
* Act as a lead within the team in the area of good practice, emerging research, case law and relevant policy changes and disseminating relevant information to service areas via worksite and team meetings/briefings.
* To monitor and take responsibility for the effectiveness of social care services for children and their family cases within your team ensuring case work is performed to the highest standards of practice for the most complex cases involving issues of significant harm and /or complex need ensuring positive outcomes are achieved.
* Ensure the recording of information throughout the process is both timely and accurate and serves to enhance the clients experience and provides accurate and timely information to ensure the Local Authority delivers all of its statutory responsibilities including child protection investigations conducted jointly with the Police and other multi agency partner organisations.
* To maintain public confidence and act as a representative of the Local Authority around contentious issues aligned to area of responsibility and in the resolution of escalated service user complaints and escalate issues to Service Manager if necessary.
* Be active in improving ongoing standards of service delivery across the service, utilising ICT systems for recording and quality monitoring. Develop quality monitoring and evaluation that directly includes user feedback and provide team reports to the Service Manager on individual team members performance and overall team performance.
* To recognise that the role forms part of a broader service provision, whereby the post holder will, on occasion, be expected to manage or support other teams or staff.
* Contribute to development of a range of statutory social work activities and oversee professional social work tasks in accordance with recognised social work procedures, evidence-based practice, and professional social work ethics.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Extensive experience in a children and families working environment
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.