Social Worker - Fostering Support Team - Huntingdon - Up to £32 per hour
We are currently looking for a highly qualified Social Worker to join a Fostering Support Team based in Huntingdon.
The successful candidate will carry out robust supervisions, support foster carers to attend relevant meetings and support with annual reviews for foster panels. They will support foster carers to manage children with a diverse range of behaviours and needs.
Due to the responsibilities of the role, they will need to have knowledge and experience of supporting foster carers, working with children within the care system and knowledge of child development and attachment behaviours.
The benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Up to £32 per hour
* Supportive team and management
* Long contract
Duties of this Social Worker role include:
* The role focuses on assessments, you will be expected to be able to undertake Form F's, connected people and Special Guardianship assessments.
* You would be required to have experience of Statutory work directly with children and young people and their families, in a multicultural and diverse community.
* Adhere to and demonstrate understanding of Social Work Values.
* Good knowledge and experience of using a range of IT applications including Microsoft office and computer based social care record keeping systems.
* You must have excellent assessment skills and a good understanding of Regulation 24 process and Special Guardianship
* Ensuring that the service exceeds the requirements of the Fostering Services Regulations, National Minimum Standards, and best practice
* Ensuring that children unable to return to their birth family have agreed permanency plans which give them appropriate legal security and are progressed on a timescale that is right for the child. By developing the use of Special Guardianship and rationalising the delivery of Long-Term Fostering
* Support IROs to review Care Plans at every Looked After Child Review and make certain the plan for permanence is addressed at the 2nd review with clear timescales for implementation of the permanence plan.
* Provide foster carers with supervision & support and learning & development opportunities which will enable them to promote positive outcomes in all areas of children and young people's lives
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Social Work England registration
* Experience of court work and the on-going fostering assessment process
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.