Social Worker - Children's Social Care Team - Bedford - Up to £32 per hour
We are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Social Worker to join a Children's Social Care Team based in Bedford.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with children, young people and their families/carers to assess their needs and plan and deliver services in accordance with the social work team's service area. They will model best social work practice in a manner consistent with the overall vision and aims of the service.
Furthermore, they will have knowledge and application of the values and principles underpinning children, young people, families/carers' involvement, including the right to access independent advocacy and complaints processes.
The benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Up to £32 per hour
* Supportive team and management
* Long contract
Duties of this Social Worker role include:
* Work in partnership with children, young people and their families/carers and, through building effective relationships, to elicit their needs and views and promote participation in decision making.
* Communicate skilfully and confidently in complex or high risk situations, applying an understanding of the benefits and limitations of partnership work.
* Undertake assessments in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy, and procedures for the service.
* Anticipate, assess and manage risk to children and young people in more complex situations and produce high quality assessments.
* Plan, implement and review a range of interventions for children, young people, families/carers in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy and procedures for the service.
* Manage a complex workload independently, establishing a network of internal and external colleagues from whom to seek advice and expertise.
* Model and help others with effective workload management skills.
* Make pro-active use of supervision to support effective practice, reflection and career development and to meet the objectives of Professional Development Reviews.
* Maintain accurate, up to date records safely and confidentially in accordance with the Council's policies and procedures.
* Produce succinct, well-structured records and reports, clearly recording and reporting analysis and judgements.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Social Work England registration
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.