Social Worker - Children in Need - Islington - £34,689 - £42,609 per annum
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to join a Children In Need Service based in Islington.
The successful candidate will bring experience of assessing risk and making plans to safeguard children. They will be responsible for progressing plans for sustainable change with families, and stepping up to care proceedings or stepping down to targeted services where necessary.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Retention bonus
* Zone 1-2 Travel Card
* Protected case load
* Specially designed core training package
* Professional development opportunities
* Regular reflective supervision
* Practice evaluation
* Good pension scheme and generous holidays
* Flexible working arrangements
* Experienced management team
* Great working location
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Establish rapport and build a respectful, honest and trusted relationship with children and their families, particularly their parents and / or main carers.
* Undertake interviews, observation and gather information from children, families and other agencies.
* Analyse, summarise and evaluate this information to provide a holistic assessment of a child's needs.
* Prove written and verbal reports which are concise, informative and based on analysis of complex evidence.
* Develop and managing Child Protection Plans for all children on the Child Protection Register in line with child protection procedures.
* Provide and present concise reports about complex information in line with the requirements of the London Child Protection Procedures, and the court.
* Communicate effectively with other agency professionals.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Full UK Driving License
For more information please email email@example.com