Supervising Social Worker - Fostering - Waltham Abbey - £31,000 - £35,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Supervising Social Worker to join a Fostering Service in Waltham Abbey. This is an excellent opportunity to join a service which was founded in 2016 by Directors who have a personal experience of fostering and adoption. The Directors also have experience of management and practice within Local Authority Children's Social Work.
The successful Supervising Social Worker will be joining a Fostering Service who are dedicated to providing high-quality services and support to looked-after children, carers and staff. The Service has a 'Good' Ofsted rating.
Benefits for you as a Supervising Social Worker:
* Salary £31,000 - £35,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
* Hours per week:37 Hours a week
* 28 Days Annual leave plus statutory Bank Holidays
* Some flexibilities regarding working from home
* Nest Pension Scheme
* Access to wellbeing and counselling services
* Mileage paid per month @.45p per mile
* Training and Development Opportunities
General purpose of the Supervising Social Worker role:
* The Supervising Social Worker (SSW), will be responsible for the supervision, management, support, development, recruitment and retention of foster carers.
* The SSW will provide foster carers with a high-level support which enables them to give the best possible outcomes to the children and young people placed with Aim High Fostering Services.
* The SSW will contribute to the improvement in outcomes for looked after children in the care of Local authorities through the application of sound social work practice that incorporates child-focussed activities in line with national and local best practice guidelines and regulations. This includes ensuring every child having a care plan in place.
* The SSW will contribute towards placement stability via continuous assessment of each placement in collaboration with the allocated social worker and other professionals, utilising a multi-disciplinary approach.
* The SSW will be expected to visit foster carers on a regular basis, this is the statutory monthly visit, and more often if necessary, with at least one unannounced visit each year.
* The SSW will support the carers to offer a standard of care, which ensures that the best interests of placed children can be met.
* The visits will be recorded on the standard supervisory visit form and will identify strengths and areas to be developed for the carers, as well as the recording of notifiable events.
* The SSW will participate, where required, in the presentation of training for foster carers, and in the recruitment of carers that would be able to meet the varied needs of the children looked after.
* The SSW will participate in a weekly duty rota that provides advice and support to existing foster carers.
* The SSW may be asked to carry out assessments of prospective foster carers and present these to panel.
Essential requirements of this Supervising Social Worker role:
* Social Work qualified
* Social Work England registered
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org