Social Worker - Children's Services - Shropshire - £29.93 per hour
We are currently recruiting for a Social Worker to join a Children's Services Team based in Shropshire.
This team start involvement at the outset of care proceedings and complete parenting assessments, together and apart assessments, direct work with children and statutory looked after and child protection tasks to safeguard and enable permanence plans to be made at the conclusion of proceedings.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Competitive pay rate
* Long contracts for good performance
* Supportive team and management
* Progression opportunities
Duties of this Social Worker role include:
* Develop and implement plans to meet the assessed needs of children and their families/carers and to undertake the role of key worker.
* Maintain a personal awareness of legislation, national and regional developments and key drives that shape and influence contemporary social work practice.
* Work in partnership with other departments within the local authority, other statutory, voluntary and independent agencies.
* Be able to recognise safeguarding vulnerable people situations and report through agreed processes to enable appropriate action to be taken.
* Carry out assessments and manage plans of intervention/support/care within government and departmental prescribed timescales and standards, as required by the Practice and/or Principal Manager.
* Undertake child protection investigations, court work and complex cases.
Requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.