Social Work Team Manager - Fostering - Oldham - £40 per hour
Oldham are looking for an experienced, dynamic, and highly motivated Fostering Team Manager (social work qualified) who shares their aspirations for children and young people in Oldham.
As a Social Work Team Manager, you must have strong leadership and motivational skills combined with an ability to promote a culture of continuous improvement. Oldham require specialist knowledge of social work practice within the field of Fostering and be able to demonstrate evidence of service improvement.
The Fostering Service supports mainstream Foster Carers and Connected Carers. Together with their other Fostering Team Manager, you will have responsibility in leading and directing a team of Supervising Social Workers to support carers and further develop the Service by running a targeted recruitment campaign along with a focus on placement stability and the achievement of early permanence.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Oldham can offer you a choice of different working arrangements giving you the work-life
* balance you want
* Short distance to Manchester City Centre the beautiful countryside of Saddleworth
* Effective and well-structured induction
* Access to Reflective Supervision and relationship-based therapeutic group
* Clearly defined Practice Standards and Manager's Standards. *
* Effective and supportive line management
* Manageable caseloads
* The right technology to do the job
* Oldham offer bespoke social worker emotional well-being and resilience training and support
Duties as a Social Work Team Manager include:
* To provide a high quality and effective service to respond to the needs of children, young people and families in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines, policies and standards
* To be responsible for the assessment of Special Guardianship Orders, Temporary Approvals under Regulation 24, Connected Persons assessments and the recruitment, training and assessment of foster carers
* Working to models of best practice and actively promoting and adopting integrated approaches for the benefit of children and young people and their families
* To understand and promote the core business of the Lambeth's Safeguarding Children's Board and deliver its priorities
* To provide day to day operational support.
* To ensure all records and data are completed within set deadlines and to a high standard by all staff members
* To supervise social work staff, monitoring progress, timescales and practice standards
* To maintain good communication with the agencies other offices and participate in regional events as required
Requirements as a Social Work Team Manager include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.