Social Worker - Child Protection Team - Doncaster - £32 per hour
We are looking for a full-time Social Worker who has experience in Children's Teams to join the Child Protection Team at Doncaster Children's Services Trust. The successful Social Worker will provide a local professional social care service for children, young people and families in need.
As a Social Worker, you will contribute to a range of voluntary and statutory social work activities and carry out professional social work tasks in accordance with recognised social work procedures, evidence-based practice and professional social work ethics.
You will manage a case load of "children in need" "at risk of significant harm and / or "looked after," adhering to legislative and procedural requirements, ensuring the best possible outcomes for the children concerned.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Stable authority
* Regular supervision
* A mixture of home working and office-based duty
Duties of this Social Worker role:
* To undertake procedurally compliant assessments and section 47 enquiries that clearly identify levels and types of risk or need based on documented evidence.
* To record and analyse information gathered during the process of social care assessment in line with the case recording policy, local and national guidance, and best practice principles.
* To undertake assessments in such a way as to lead to clear associated plans that address the issues identified for children in Doncaster.
* To practice with a clear understanding of the relevant legislative principles, an up to date knowledge of research, emerging case law and best practice guidance.
* Engage with children, their carers and families in such a way as to clearly understand their circumstances, wishes and feelings and form conclusions which direct longer-term interventions focussed on the best interests of the child.
* To have involvement in the process of taking and recording children's contacts and referrals, contributing to achieving a full understanding of the issues being referred, the relative urgency, the level of risk or need and the action needed in individual cases.
* Assist in the provision of court statements and prepare reports that may be required by the courts and bodies in connection with children's services.
* Work alongside colleagues in providing social care advice and interventions across Doncaster Children's Services Trust and all agencies.
* Prioritise in line with relative urgency/levels and types of risk and/or need and ensuring that children are safe and that their needs are met.
* Contribute to the functioning of the team by fully engaging with the support of colleagues, understanding, and working within established processes and advising less experienced staff members.
* Contribute to the development of effective cross agency working both in individual cases and generally, where appropriate by providing representation to multi-agency meetings and forums.
* Have ownership of own professional development, by fully engaging with developmental supervision, critically evaluating own practice and ensuring up to date understanding of emerging case law, research and best practice guidance.
* Provide information, guidance and advice on availability of local services and practices relevant to work with children, young people and families.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.