Social Worker - Child Protection - Sheffield - £31 per hour
An experienced Social Worker is required to join a Children's Team in Sheffield. The successful Social Worker must be able to evidence extensive experience of working within a children and families setting as a Social Worker, and possibly in an unqualified role prior to qualifying.
The successful Social Worker hold a caseload of complex Child Protection cases. Typical caseloads vary across functions, but a Level 2 Social Worker will hold a caseload at the upper limit of the maximum prescribed for the function in which they are based.
They are looking for social workers with experience of working with children with disabilities and mental health. They also require extensive knowledge and practical experience of child development, attachment theory, anti-discriminatory practice, the assessment framework, social work theory and methods and adult learning theory.
The office is based in Sheffield City Centre and during the pandemic they are working part office and part working from home. Home visits and statutory visits will still be required.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Combination of office and home based
* Great council to work for
* Good location and great team
Duties of this Social Worker role (not only):
* Manages a workload of the most complex cases which includes looked after children, child protection and assessment of carers. The caseload is dependent on:
* The complexity of cases
* The risk associated with cases
* The profile and potential publicity surrounding a case which will service to increase the pressure placed on the named Social Worker.
* In some instances where a case is of sufficient size, profile, and risk it may be appropriate for an Advanced Practitioner to work solely on that case until completion.
* Have an increased level of autonomy and decision making, based on experience and knowledge, around the cases allocated and report to an Assistant Service Manager on the progress of those cases.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence- preferred
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.