Independent Reviewing Officer - Children and Families - Redcar and Cleveland Council - £33.50 per hour
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Independent Reviewing Officer to join the Children and Families Team at Redcar and Cleveland Council.
This role provides an opportunity to be part of the delivery of a high-quality service, improving the lives of children and young people in Redcar and Cleveland. If you are enthusiastic, passionate, and want to make a real difference in children's lives, then we would like to hear from you.
Benefits as a Children and Families Independent Reviewing Officer include:
* Chance to be part of an experienced and supportive team
* Access to relevant council training
* Home working available
Duties as a Children and Families Independent Reviewing Officer include:
* Chairing Child Protection conferences and Looked After Children's Reviews and occasionally challenging the Local Authority when necessary and working with partner agencies to encourage good outcomes for children.
* Responsible for ongoing chairing and follow-up of Initial Child Protection conferences as agreed by the Service Manager for the Review and development.
* Responsible for organising, chairing and follow-up of Children in our Care Reviews, Adoption Reviews, Secure Reviews and Foster Care Reviews.
* Confirm the ascertainable wishes and feelings of the child are given due weight and consideration by the Local Authority in the review and planning process.
* Ensure that good outcomes for children in care are achieved and take steps to challenge professionals appropriately where issues arise.
* Assist the Directorate to prepare for inspections and reviews and to contribute to the co-ordination of activities and implementation of improvement plans.
* Ensure that services are developed and delivered in accordance with the council's policies on equal opportunities, anti-discriminatory practice, recording and data protection.
* Ensure that all performance targets are met, and strategies developed to meet future requirements.
* Promote effective communication between staff and to develop and maintain a supportive and enabling culture.
Requirements as a Children and Families Independent Reviewing Officer include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.