Social Worker - Care Management - Dudley - £38,890 per annum
We have currently partnered with Dudley in the West Midlands to provide Social Workers to their fantastic Care Management Service. This is a great opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Children's Social Worker to join a progressive and engaging authority.
The successful Social Worker will join a friendly and supportive team, taking on a position that provides great career enhancement.
The team work flexibly and are open to discuss hours to suit the successful Social Worker.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Manageable cases loads
* A comprehensive learning and development package
* High quality professional supervision
* Supportive and collaborative team working
* Excellent progression opportunities
* A bespoke induction package
* Agile working including working from home opportunities and flexi time arrangements
* A permanent senior management team
* Onsite free parking
* A comprehensive and enhanced learning and development programme developed alongside the government's new accreditation scheme and provided by our innovative Dudley Centre for Professional Practice.
* A service-wide mandatory Restorative Practice training programme with ongoing implementation of restorative practice across all services
* Excellent staff engagement opportunities with quarterly staff briefing sessions, team manager meetings, staff reference groups and weekly chief officer chats
* Generous relocation package
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* A generous annual leave entitlement
* Defined career progression and pathway opportunities
* Car sharing scheme
* A cycle purchase scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Paycare health scheme (Contributory)
* Travel pass
* Discounted leisure centre benefits
Social Worker responsibilities:
* Be part of a Restorative Practice Model to focus on building relationships, valuing people and working together to achieve positive outcomes.
* Join a small pod of social workers, managed by an experienced manager and supported by a team of pod coordinators to deal with routine administrative tasks enabling the social worker to concentrate on working with families
* Be supported by a dedicated Court Team that manages Public Law cases
* Be supported by an Advanced Social Work Practitioner link within Dudley Centre for Professional Practice in areas of practice and development as needed
* Manage caseloads dependent upon experience, grade of post and complexity of cases, utilising specialist knowledge for appropriate interventions, needs assessments, care planning and child protection investigations
* Be responsible for a caseload and work with others in your pod as you intervene together with families, to ensure the best possible outcome for children
* Carry out high quality assessments, using child-centred, community focused, and multi-agency interventions to bring about positive change through developing effective relationships and to secure the best outcomes for children and young people
* Ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with Dudley LSCB, departmental policy and procedures, and relevant legislation
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* You must be Social Work qualified with a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load.
* Have completed section 47 investigation.
* Possess a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
* Have the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
* Good knowledge of child development
* A clear decision maker and good team worker.
* A current Enhanced DBS and registration with Social Work England.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org