Senior Social Worker - Looked After Children Team - Sandwell - £34,106 - £39,002 plus market supplement of £2,500* and up to £6,500 relocation payment (subject to T's & C's)
We have currently partnered with Sandwell trust in the West Midlands to provide Senior Social workers to their Looked After Children service. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and engaging trust. They are committed to your continuous learning and development and dedicate 15 days per year to your professional development and also offer learning placements of up to 6 months to expand your knowledge.
Benefits as a LAC Senior Social Worker:
* Great transport links
* Position that provides great career enhancement
* Friendly and supportive team
* Supportive management
* Progression and Secondment opportunities
As a LAC Senior Social Worker your responsibilities will be:
* You will be responsible for a complex caseload of children and young people, conducting a range of assessments whilst listening to the views of the people you're supporting.
* Whilst using best practice and ensuring all legislative requirements are met, you will deliver quality children's plans in a pro-active and timely manner, with a strong emphasis on the child's voice.
* Empower children, young people and their families/carers by listening to their views.
* Provide written reports, in a variety of different formats as required by the receiver of the court.
You will be:
* Qualified as a social worker will a good level of experience in a children and families setting.
* Experience of Court Work
* A sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
* Ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
* Good knowledge of child development
* A clear decision maker and good team worker.
* A current Enhanced DBS and registration with the HCPC.
For more information please contact email@example.com