Social Worker - Assessment Team - Sedgemoor - £30,451- £34,728 per annum
We are currently looking for a Social Worker to join an Assessment Team based in Sedgemoor, Somerset.
The team for Sedgemoor are based in Bridgwater House in Bridgwater, although Somerset are very open to flexible working options. The successful candidate will need to hold a full driving licence and have access to your own vehicle as travel is required.
In this customer facing role you will be required to speak Fluent English.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Generous annual leave and flexible working options, including the option to work a 9 day fortnight
* Local Government pension scheme
* Optional pension enhancement through our additional voluntary contribution scheme
* Employee assistance and support offering a variety of wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
* A flexible benefits platform including cycle to work and health screening schemes
* 'My staff shop' which offers excellent discounts at a variety of retailers including; cinemas, restaurants, clothing stores and insurance providers
* Gym discounts
* Discounted lease car options via salary sacrifice, along with discounts on fuel
* Generous relocation allowance
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Work with children and families to complete assessments of allocated cases to reflect individual circumstances including assessment of needs and risk, alongside strengths and protective factors, to develop meaningful plans to ensure that children are protected from significant harm and receive the appropriate multi-agency support.
* Responsible for a caseload of varying complexity, commensurate with experience, ability and qualification; receive and respond to referrals from various sources.
* Assess the needs of children and families under the appropriate statutory frameworks, liaising and working with partner agencies, and other Children's Services teams, as required.
* Participate in a duty rota responding to crisis situations and supporting children to remain safely within their families.
* Enable and empower individual's families and carers to address issues which affect their health, financial, emotional and social wellbeing and to achieve and sustain positive change.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Post qualified experience
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com