Social Worker - Safeguarding Team - Sedgemoor - £30,451- £34,728 per annum
An experienced Social Worker is required to join a Safeguarding Team based in Sedgemoor, Somerset.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a caseload of varying complexity, commensurate with experience, ability and qualification, receiving and responding to referrals from various sources. They will need to hold a full driving licence and have access to their own vehicle as travel is required.
In this customer facing role you will be required to speak Fluent English.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Generous annual leave and flexible working options, including the option to work a 9 day fortnight
* Local Government pension scheme
* Optional pension enhancement through our additional voluntary contribution scheme
* Employee assistance and support offering a variety of wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
* A flexible benefits platform including cycle to work and health screening schemes
* 'My staff shop' which offers excellent discounts at a variety of retailers including; cinemas, restaurants, clothing stores and insurance providers
* Gym discounts
* Discounted lease car options via salary sacrifice, along with discounts on fuel
* Generous relocation allowance
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Make on-going assessments of allocated cases to reflect individual circumstances including assessment of risk, enabling independent functioning, and need to ensure that service users are protected from significant harm.
* Risk assessment to ensure children and young people are protected.
* To respond to needs identified by specifying and delivering evidence based interventions as required.
* Statutory and best practice reviews and comply with appropriate legislation, policy and procedures.
* Assess financial safeguarding and care needs in consultation with other professionals and agencies and agree levels of support.
* Managing risk and safeguarding.
* Identify risk and safeguarding concerns and escalate immediately where appropriate.
* Prepare and present reports as necessary to facilitate proper decisions being made in respect of service users and to provide quality assurance.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Post qualified experience
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com