Social Worker - Early Help SEND Team - Swindon - £37,061 - £40,072 per annum
We are currently looking for a Social Worker to join an Early Help Team based in Swindon.
The successful candidate will be overseeing the statutory duty to provide social care advice to inform an education health and care needs assessment.
They will work very closely with parents/young people, forging relationships with colleagues from health, other practitioners, statutory agencies and independent third sector partners.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* £3000 "golden hello" payment after 1 years' service
* Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years' service and a further £2000 after 3 years' service
* Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
* Competitive salaries
* Free car parking at the central Swindon campus
* A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 30 days after 10 years' service
* Leisure and Legal Services discounts
* Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
* "Happy to talk Flexible working"
* Brand new Social Work and Leadership Academy
* Multi-million pound investment into Children's Services at a time when authorities all over the country are cutting budgets
* Significant restructure creating smaller social worker teams with better supervision, smaller case loads, and more opportunity for CPD
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Act as a key member of our Early Help Hub and provide advice, guidance to referrers and partner agencies. You will explore whether the threshold for services is met, or whether other available preventative services are more appropriate.
* Screen all requests for social care advice for children and young people who are not known or open to the local authority.
* Attend a multi-agency SEND decision Panel as a social care representative.
* Work collaboratively with parents, young people and lead professionals to ensure the social care needs are identified from all aspects of the child's life.
* Oversee the allocation process within Early Help to complete social care advice.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Post qualified experience
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com