Social Work Team Manager - Locality Service - East Riding of Yorkshire - £45 per hour
We are looking for an experienced Team Manager (social work qualified) to work in the Locality Service based at Bridlington.
The successful Social Work Team Manager will have relevant experience of supervising staff, decision making in relation to CIN, CP and CLA cases and have knowledge of current legislation and law.
You will be joining a safeguarding team and will work alongside two other Team Managers to ensure decisions are made in a timely manner for children in need and at risk of harm and have experience of undertaking quality assurance and audit activity.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* High rate of pay
* Access to the Local Authority training programme
* Flexible home working
* Stable teams
Duties of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* To ensure that all contacts and referrals which are received in the team and existing open cases are allocated appropriately and in a timely manner according to the agreed threshold criteria and statutory requirements.
* To make decisions on cases in the team and in accordance with delegated authority.
* To manage the efficient and effective deployment of the workforce and manage resources within budgets and the establishment of the team
* To recruits and appoint staff as appropriate and in accordance with the Council Policies.
* To provide supervision and undertake employee development reviews(EDR's) and plan training in accordance with identified needs and the supervision procedures.. The Team Manager will provide supervision for all qualified social workers in the team and ensure that arrangements are in place for other staff who do not have a social work qualification receive supervision.
* To routinely audit and quality assure work including case records and the signing off of key reports.
* To ensure that case records in the team are accurate, kept upto date and timely and there is appropriate inputting of information and decisions on the Integrated Children's System.
* To ensure that required level of performance is achieved and maintained in line with both national and local requirements and to provide reports about this.
* To promote evidence based practice and learning from research, reviews and national guidance and reports.
* To promote and contribute to the development and provision of services and integrated working in line with Locality Action Plans and the Children's Social Care Service Plan and put in place a Team Plan which is consistent with these.
* To ensure the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment for the staff.
* To chair multi agency and case planning forums.
* To investigate complaints in accordance with agreed procedures and responsibilities.
* To promote the voice of children and young people, their families and carers in the development of services
* To receive support and supervision from the Area Manager and engage in training identified through the employee development review process and requirements of the service.
* To undertake any other duties as directed by line managers which are commensurate with the post and level of responsibility.
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Extensive experience in a children and families working environment
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.