Social Worker - Assessment and Intervention Team - Gateshead - £27 per hour
We are actively seeking experienced Social Workers for the Assessment and Intervention service in Gateshead. The service delivers Social Work to children and families following allocation via an integrated referral team.
The work will predominantly involve assessment and intervention work focussing on effecting sustained change with Children and Families in Need. The service will also undertake Child Protection investigations up to the initial Child Protection conference as well as taking urgent action to protect the child where necessary. The service works collaboratively with our Safeguarding & Care Planning service who work with children subject to Child Protection plans, Looked After children, and those in care proceedings.
Benefits of this Social Work role:
* Highly reflective supervision
* Supportive Team Manager
* Home working available
Duties of this Social Work role:
* To manage a caseload of Child in Need, Looked after Children and Child Protection cases that require extensive and skilled assessment and interventions.
* To manage and promote the child's best interests through evidence-based outcome planning via care proceedings, Care Planning, Child Protection planning or Child in Need planning.
* To work with multi-agency partners in the pursuit of excellent outcomes for Children in Need of protection and /or care.
* To undertake direct work with children and their families.
* To keep accurate and up-to-date records.
* To work within procedure and policy.
* Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
Essential requirements of this Social Work role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.