Social Worker - Children with Disabilities - Trafford - £32 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to join a Children with Disabilities Team in Trafford. The main office locations are either Trafford Town Hall or Sale Waterside Trafford Council. Trafford have a strong vision for social work practice and are developing a new approach to social work by embedding Restorative Practice throughout the service.
There is a commitment to low caseloads with embedded supervision and strong supportive managers. As a Social Worker, you will be developed into an excellent practitioner through a comprehensive Continuous Package of Development.
The Complex Needs (Children's Social Care) Team works with a wide range of children and young people with disabilities across the borough up to the age of 18. The service provides support to children with challenging behaviours, autism, learning disabilities, and complex health and physical disabilities.
The service is highly regarded by parents and colleagues across Trafford and works closely with parents, school and the community to help parents raise the most challenging children. They undertake Child in Need, Child Protection, Care Proceedings and other court work, and Children in Care. The work is varied and all your skills as a social worker will be called upon.
The benefits of this Social Worker:
* £32 per hour pay rate
* Relevant training and development opportunities
* Stable and supportive team
Duties as a Social Worker:
* The Complex Needs team supports children with complex needs to remain at home whenever possible and for as long as possible. They are looking for people who can adopt an innovative approach to supporting children's social care and ensure continuity of care to vulnerable service users.
* You will have a sound knowledge of legislation relevant to the posts and demonstrable insight into the issues facing children, young people and families.
* With strong communication and assessment skills, you will have the ability to develop effective working relationships with families and colleagues from various agencies.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Social Work qualified
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence- preferred
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.