Family Court Advisor - Social Worker - CAFCASS - Manchester - £30 per hour
CAFCASS Manchester are looking for a Family Court Adviser (also referred to as a children's guardian) to start on a locum basis. Within this role you will be working directly with vulnerable children and families to advise the family courts on the best course of action for the child or young person. At the heart of this you will provide case analysis and recommendations to the court.
Within this role you will either be working in public or private law. Private Law cases are brought to the court by individuals, generally in connection with divorce, or parent separation. The court may make a child arrangement order, prohibited steps order, or a specific issues order, or no order at all. Public law cases are brought to the court by local authorities where they are worried that a child or young person is not being looked after safely.
The family court might may make a care order, a supervision order or no order at all. Whichever team you join, you will draw on your experience, knowledge and skills to understand what the child needs, wants and feels and effectively communicate this to the court, either in writing and/or in person.
Benefits of this Family Court Advisor role:
* Unique role
* OFSTED 'Outstanding'
* Long term contracts available
* CV enhancement
* Career Progression
* Non local authority role
* Flexible working
* All social work staff receive a laptop or tablet device and a smart phone
* 2-week induction
Duties as a Family Court Advisor:
* You will work with parents, relatives, local authorities and the courts, and demonstrate your understanding of what the child needs, wants and feels
* Working directly with vulnerable children and families, to advise the family courts on the best course of action for the child or young person
* Provide case analysis and recommendations to the court.
Requirements as a Family Court Advisor include:
* Social Work England registration
* Qualified Social Worker with 3+ years' experience (or will have by the time you start including section 7 and section 37 experience
* Experienced at working with highly vulnerable children and families.
* Expert in safeguarding, child engagement, inter-agency working, case analysis, planning and recording
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.