Social Worker - Looked After Children Team - Merton - £34,794 - £41,706 per annum
An experienced Social Worker is required to join a Looked After Children Team based in Merton.
Our client has manageable caseloads, regular supervision, visible and supportive line management and excellent learning and development programmes to support you through well designed career pathway you will be actively encouraged to think innovatively throughout your practice and through creative approaches to direct work to have impactful relationships with children and families.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* £1,500 Golden Hello
* £963 car allowance per annum
* 26 days annual leave, rising to 31 days with five years continuous local government service
* Highly visible and committed senior frontline managers
* Stable and permanent management team
* An extensive professional development programme and purposeful career pathways
* A wider programme to support your wellbeing
* Highly competitive pay rates and generous annual leave entitlement
* Excellent transport links
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
* Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.
* Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
* Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
* Write high quality reports as required and where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
* Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
* Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
* Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
* Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* You will need a relevant social work qualification and Social Work England registration
* Legal right to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker
* UK Driving License holder
For more information please contact email@example.com