Senior Practitioner - Child Protection - Bromley - Up to £46,062 per annum
Our Client has an excellent opportunity to join one of Bromley's Child Protection Teams as a Senior Practitioner.
They are looking for highly talented and ambitious Social Workers who will join them in their collective efforts to re-shape service delivery to children, will manage risk, not just take it, and crucially they will be proud to work for Bromley.
The Bromley Promise:
* Manageable caseloads for every Social Worker amongst the lowest in the country
* Dedicated time for reflective supervision
* Small Cluster teams with one team manager supervising five Social Workers
* Two week protected induction programme
* Excellent Learning and development opportunities with bespoke training for every social worker
* Social Workers and team managers have easy and regular access to the leadership team
Benefits of this Senior Practitioner role include:
* £2,000 'Golden Hello'
* £2,000 annual retention
* Car Lease Scheme
* Generous annual leave
* Savings with Childcare
* Pension Scheme
Responsibilities of this Senior Practitioner role include:
* With appropriate supervision, assess for and provide services to children and families in need within the framework of the appropriate legislation, regulations, departmental procedures and child care policy. This will include responsibility for children and families where needs are particularly complex and problematic.
* To ensure that services are efficiently and effectively provided, liaising as necessary with other divisions, Council Departments, N.H.S. trusts, schools, carers, voluntary and independent sector providers.
* To maintain high standards of professional practice within their own workload and to promote and enhance such practice within the team and division.
* Senior Practitioners may be responsible for supervision of some staff (up to level III Social Workers) in the service and share the operational management of the service.
* All post holders are expected to maintain professional standards of practice and to work in accordance with the Departmental vision, values, procedures and managerial guidance.
* Making a comprehensive assessment of need, in partnership with the child, parents, other family members and professionals as appropriate in accordance with the National Assessment Framework.
* Planning, implementing and terminating interventions.
* Facilitating the provision and co-ordination of appropriate services.
* Making referrals to the Community Mental Health Team where adults have particularly complex or problematic needs and maintaining liaison with psychiatric services in order to promote timely and effective management of mental health problems.
* Working within the Borough's Child Protection guidelines to undertake key worker responsibilities towards children on the child protection register as outlined in para. 6, but additionally:
* Formulating and updating child protection plans, with appropriate guidance from the Group Manager.
Requirements of this Senior Practitioner role include:
* Be eligible to work within in the UK
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Have completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
* A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
* An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org