Senior SEN Caseworker - Lewisham- £30 per hour
We are currently looking for a Senior SEN Caseworker based in Lewisham.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing and reviewing the special educational needs of Lewisham pupils including the shared supervision and development of staff to understand SEN within the service.
They will monitor the efficient use of resources in relation to pupils with statements of special educational needs/ education health and care plans and ensure that all pupils with special educational needs are appropriately placed in accordance with panel decisions.
Benefits as a Senior SEN Caseworker include:
* Progression opportunities
* Good pay
* Great management
* Long contracts
Duties as a Senior SEN Caseworker include:
* To be responsible for assessing and monitoring the special educational needs of Lewisham pupils.
* To meet with parents, advocates and professional agencies at a range of locations to represent the LEA and to negotiate appropriate provision to meet children's needs.
* To work with parents in assessing and monitoring statements of special educational need/ Education, Health and Social Care Plans, encouraging, participation and engagement in processes.
* To share responsibility for the supervision and development of including the shared supervision and development of staff to understand SEN within the service.
* To brief the SEN assessment manager and panel members on proposed pupil placements, costs and travel assistance implications.
* To process applications for assisted transport and make arrangements and resolve any issues for pupils with special educational need.
* To issue revised drafts, final or revised final statements of special educational needs/ Education, Health and Care Plans following the decisions of the SEN panel.
Requirements as a Senior SEN Caseworker include:
* Knowledge of education and SEN law and processes.
* Understanding of areas of SEN and ability to relate this to Lewisham's equal opportunities policies.
* Proven experience of working as a children and family within Education.
* Experience of effectively relating to children with special educational needs and disabilities and to further their development.
* Experience of undertaking assessments, maintaining records and producing detailed reports.
* Knowledge and understanding of IT Systems using databases -Excel/Word.
* The legal right to work in the UK.
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.