Senior Social Worker - Family Support Team - Milton Keynes - Salary up to to £44,863 per annum
We require an experienced Senior Social Worker to work in a Family Suppory Team in Milton Keynes.
In this role as a Senior Social Worker you will be responsible for completing a wide range of assessments such as Parenting Assessments, Risk Assessments, Children and Families Assessments, Viability Assessments and Regulation 24 Assessments. Previous experience working with Family Support is necessary.
Benefits as a Family Support Senior Social Worker:
* Agile working - access to smart phone and surface pro to enable you to work from home
* Career progression - opportunity to complete various specialist courses including University courses at Masters level
* Access to an electric car to use for work purposes
* Independent Clinical Supervision
Key Duties as a Family Support Senior Social Worker:
* Managing a caseload of Child In Need, Child Protection, Looked After Children and cases subject to public and private care proceedings
* Devising Care Plans for Children and Young People
* Chairing Multi-Disciplinary Meetings and working closely with other agencies/professionals to complete assessments and formulate Care Plans
* Working as part of a team to share knowledge, develop team skills and contribute to the overall development of the team
* To supervise the case work of Social Workers, Social Work Assistants, Student Social Workers and child care professionals to ensure they receive appropriate supervision and direction
* Support the personal development opportunities for Social Workers, Social Work Assistants, Student Social Worker and child care professionals, acting as a coach and mentor.
* To assist the Team and Deputy Manager in building a strong and cohesive team
* The successful applicant will have extensive post qualifying experience
* Social Work Qualification and registration with Social Work England
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Assessment skills to assess children and young people's needs alongside parents/carers ability to meet their needs
* To formulate multi-disciplinary care plans for children and young people
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent IT skills
* To be able to resolve complex and contentious case management issues so that positive and timely action can be taken to address risks and meet demands, in conjunction with Deputy and Team Manager.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org