Social Worker - Duty and Assessment Team - Northamptonshire - £33,568 to £36,597 per annum + £4,000 bonus
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to join a Duty and Assessment Team based in Northamptonshire.
The successful candidate will ensure all information and reports relevant to work carried out is recorded, updated and completed in an efficient and timely manner and according to directorate/legislative policies and procedures so that decisions made and acted upon are fully evidenced and provide sufficiently for audit, court or any other legitimate purpose.
Benefits as a Duty and Assessment Social Worker include:
* Excellent Salary
* Manageable cases loads
* High quality professional supervision
* A bespoke induction package
* Family friendly and flexible working arrangements
* Up to £8000 relocation package
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* A generous annual leave entitlement
* Option to buy 5 weeks additional annual leave
* Defined career progression and pathway opportunities
* Recruitment bonus
Duties as a Duty and Assessment Social Worker include:
* Carry out initial, core and other specialised assessments as per national guidelines and within prescribed timescales in order to formulate support plans for service users and coordinate their implementation or refer the case to the appropriate service area for support to child/family.
* Manage cases varying in complexity, organise packages of support to service users, assess levels of risk to their health and wellbeing and, in conjunction with them and their families/carers, monitor and review their situations so that support can be adjusted as appropriate to their needs.
* Work directly with family members providing advice and guidance. Work to empower service users, promote their participation in planning and evaluation of services to increase their levels of self-sufficiency, competence and to facilitate independence from social service assistance.
* Liaise with and take a professional lead in involving appropriate staff and agencies and cases and arrange for contact as necessary to meet the needs of service users and within the remit of the County Council.
* Take initiative in establishing resource, for instance, group work programmes and specialist counselling to meet the needs of service users.
* Attend and participate in multidisciplinary teams and meetings, planning reviews with colleagues and relevant professional staff to assist and analyse the needs of service users and to plan care programmes in accordance with those needs.
Requirements as a Duty and Assessment Social Worker include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org