Senior Social Worker - No Recourse to Public Funds Team - Sheffield - £31 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Social Worker to join a No Recourse to Public Funds Team (NRPF) based in Sheffield.
The successful candidate will have experience in this area of working with children and families who are destitute or at risk of destitution, the child's welfare is at risk due to low income or any other exceptional financial circumstances which warrant social work intervention.
You must have knowledge of the relevant legislation Section 115 of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1999 and be experienced in working alongside other multi-agency professionals and preparation of legal documents. Knowledge of changes to the government guidance for NRPF during the pandemic would be an advantage.
Whilst the team are currently working partially remotely, home visits will be required and PPE will be provided.
Benefits of this Senior Social Worker role include:
* Stable authority
* Regular supervision
* Home working on a rota basis
Duties of this Senior Social Worker role include:
* Secure good outcomes for children and young people in need. Ensure that they are safe and supported to achieve their full potential, as supported by the Senior Fieldwork Manager and at times the Advanced Social Work Practitioner.
* Provide a high quality social work service to children, their families and carers by using relationship based practice, following service practice standards and statutory guidance.
* Work in partnership with children, their families, carers and professionals to identify the right services for children who need help and protection or who need support to progress whilst in care or leaving care. Maintain accurate, case notes within statutory timescales, prepare plans, reviews and reports and engage in statutory supervision.
* Support children and families in transition, including children and young people moving to and between placements, returning home, being adopted or moving to independence.
* Be accountable for compliance with standards and quality of social work practice.
* Under supervision, work independently to hold and effectively manage a caseload of complex cases. Respond to complex referrals, provide casework advice, support and guidance to other team members.
* Use the signs of safety framework for all social work practice. Carry out investigations, assessment and management of risk, write reports, give evidence in court and provide professional opinion and work with children and young people in care, at all times following statutory and service standards and guidance.
* Build relationships with children, young people and all key family members as the basis for all support and child protection responses.
* Provide support based on best evidence, which is tailored to meet individual child and family needs and which addresses relevant and significant risks. Overcome hostility and resistance to social care involvement.
* Work in partnership and undertake negotiation with families and professionals for full participation in assessment, planning, review and decision making, at all times prioritising safety of children/young people.
Essential requirements of this Senior Social Worker role include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience in Children's social work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.