Social Work Team Manager - Referral & Assessment - Haringey - £50,826 to £56,100 per annum
Closing Date: Sunday 17th January 2021
An experienced Social Work Team Manager is required to join our client's Referral & Assessment Team in Haringey. The Assessment Service consists of 1 No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) team and 4 Assessment teams, each led by a Team Manager managing up to 6 social workers. The MASH service consists of 3 teams each led by a Team Manager, managing up to 4 social workers.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Retention Bonus
* Generous annual leave
* 50 hours a year of personal development training
* Pension scheme
* Flexible working and flexible retirement
Duties as a Social Work Team Manager:
* You will be responsible for the day to day management of the work allocated to your team, ensuring that this is completed to the highest standards and with the child's welfare central to decision making, and as a Team Manager, you will be a strong leader who demonstrates good quality management oversight.
* Ensure that social workers are well supported to do the task that they need to do to safeguard and promote the health and well-being of the children and young people of Haringey.
* Complete comprehensive Child and Family Assessment that identify plans to achieve the best outcomes for children and young people.
* Initiate Child Protection and Children in Need plans, as well as initiate proceedings in family courts when required.
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Have a relevant social work qualification
* Previous Social Worker management experience is desirable
* Demonstrate strong management and communication skills
* Have the ability to take responsibility for managing an individual caseload, having regard to the relative needs of all service users whilst ensuring an effective us of time and resources.
* Social Work England registered and the legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com