Senior Practitioner - Corporate Parenting - Waltham Forest - £40,869 - £43,860 per annum + benefits
Our client in North East London is looking for a Senior Practitioner to join their corporate parenting service.
They require a Senior Practitioner who is a committed and enthusiastic professional who wants to make a difference for children. They are committed to achieving a fully permanent workforce to improve stability for children and to ensure that they continue to drive a positive culture for staff.
Working within the practice support groups you will carry a caseload of more complex cases and offer support to colleagues in group supervision. Your skills and experience and LAC will give you a strong practice base which helps keep the focus on achieving outcomes.
Benefits of this Senior Practitioner role include:
* £3,000 Retention bonus
* Discounted parking
* Access to a leading pension scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Generous annual leave
Responsibilities of this Senior Practitioner role include:
* The team work in many different ways, offer advice and support to help parents set their own goals and to work towards achieving those changes that will improve their lives to allow children to grow and develop within their own families.
* Trained in working with and supporting families to understand why social workers are involved and supporting you in making the necessary changes in the various issues families can face such as: domestic violence, substance and alcohol misuse as well as mental health difficulties.
* The teams aim is to keep families together safely, improve the health and educational achievements of their children and reduce emotional, physical harm and neglect within families.
* As a qualified and registered social worker, you will have significant senior level front-line experience in a safeguarding team. You will be focused on helping children and families to change their lives for the better. We require candidates who have recent experience of case work in Assessments, Child Protection, Children Looked After and Care Proceedings. You will have in depth knowledge of relevant childcare legislation.
* As a Senior Practitioner, you will already have highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice. Your advanced expertise and knowledge will help you to take the lead on the most complex cases within the department.
* This is a varied and challenging role where you will have shared responsibility for leading and managing less experience staff. You will have a key role in researching and sharing up to date social work practice alongside creating a clear vision for the future and ensuring the best outcomes for children and their families are realised.
* You will have strong written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver care proceedings to conferences and court hearings. In return, we will offer excellent learning and development opportunities, regular supervision meetings and an approachable and supportive management team.
The requirements for this Senior Practitioner role include:
* Previous senior experience in a looked after children team
* Court work experience
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Registered by Social Work England
* Social work degree
For more information please email email@example.com