Social Work Team Manager - Court Team - Haringey - £50,826 - £56,100 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to join Haringey Court Team as a Social Work Team Manager.
The council has been on a significant journey of improvement, with ambition to enable every child and young person to have the best start in life. Committed to the "signs of safety" Harigey are looking for exceptional leaders who are committed to embedding this model of working and understand that and their families with whom we are working.
You will need to be an experienced Team Manager within the area of the Children in Care and Court Service, with a passion to lead and motivate staff to demonstrate best practice. You will have the ability to manage risk and use of multidisciplinary working with partner agencies is essential.
Furthermore, you will have experience of leading and managing children's social care services (including high risk and high complexity work) that deliver high quality performance and good outcomes for children & young people.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role include:
* 30 days of annual leave
* 50 hours a year of personal development training
* Pension scheme
* Agile/flexible working
* Staff discount schemes
* Season ticket scheme
Responsibilities of this Social Work Team Manager role include:
* Develop a service consistent with models of partnership in working with other agencies, children and their families in order to enable children to stay safely at home wherever possible.
* Provide regular, high quality, challenging and reflective supervision of staff within agreed timescales and according to the departmental policy.
* Ensure that the Council's high standards are maintained through providing regular supervision, embedding Signs of Safety, and ensuring key performance indicators are met.
* You will be responsible for the day to day management of the work allocated to your team, ensuring that this is completed to the highest standards and with the child's welfare central to decision making, and as a Team Manager, you will be a strong leader who demonstrates good quality management oversight.
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Have a relevant social work qualification
* Have extensive post qualification experience, preferably in a similar setting
* Previous Social Worker management experience
* Demonstrate strong management and communication skills
* Social Work England registered and the legal right to work in the UK