Registered Manager - Children's Home - Manchester - £35 per hour
We are currently looking for a Registered Children's Home Manager who will come in and lead the way bearing the children's interest at the forefront of everything you do.
Engaging-Care Limited is a newly found company created by three practising social workers who have a combined experience of 30 years.
Engaging Care are extremely passionate about supporting the lives of young people who are in care. They believe that every child has a right to a good life even if they have had a difficult past or a life of trouble. Their aims are to ensure young people have good opportunities in life, are able to achieve in education and are kept safe and healthy.
Engaging Care hope to build a team of like minded individuals who are keen to promote positive change for the next generation of our society who may not have had a good start in their life or experienced hardship or trauma. They are looking for an experienced registered manager who is passionate about making a difference and be part of their business venture.
Benefits of this Registered Manager role include:
* Excellent rate of pay
* 6 month + contracts (they are looking for someone who wants to stay with the company long term)
* Chance to work alongside hardworking, passionate staff who really want to make a difference to children's lives. You will have the chance to also grow with the business and we support your journey to reach its full potential
* They have a dedicated team who will offer the right guidance to ensure you are supported from day one of you joining Engaging-Care Ltd
* Their ethos is 'You get what you put in', so they will always invest 100% of their efforts into your success as long as you have got the drive and determination to in making the home excellent
* Flexible working
* Training provided
As a Registered Manager you will:
* Become registered with Ofsted (this is something that Engage will cover costs for and need to know that you are committed)
* Recruiting and manage part time, full time and bank staff
* Managing a home which provides residence to 3 young people aged 10-16 as part of a dedicated and efficient team alongside staff who you will manage and support. The children you will work with would have experienced a difficult past life, having to leave birth families and close friends.
* Maintaining a safe and positive living environment
* Implementing risk assessments
* Providing support and guidance
* Helping young people become independent and produce life skills
* Working with partnership agencies of the child (police, social services, education, Youth Offending Services etc)
* You will need to ensure that assessments are taken place and the young person's care plan is adhered to and timescales are met
* Ensuring the home is a safe and stable environment.
* Looking after the interests of the home and the company
* You will also play a huge role in selecting team members to join the Engaging-Care family
* You must be passionate, positive, and emotionally resilient having a real ambition to make a difference in the young person's future
Essential requirements of this Registered Manager role include:
* Level 5 Leadership and Management (Children and Young People) qualification or working towards this qualification
* Minimum of 2 years' experience working with children and young people
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good knowledge of relevant childcare legislation
* Be prepared to undertake mandatory training
* Be committed in promoting anti-discriminatory practice and setting good examples of practice within the workplace
* Prepared to take off-duty calls in emergency situations
* Attend reviews and care-planning meetings
* Minimum 2 years' experience of supervising and managing staff
* Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.