Social Worker - Family and Youth Resilience - Kingston - £33,948 - £36,771 per annum
We are currently looking for a Social Worker to join a Family and Youth Resilience Team based in Kingston. There's never been a better time to join Achieving for Children (AfC), who were awarded OUTSTANDING in the October 2019 Kingston Ofsted inspection.
The successful candidate will be a resilient worker, able to work effectively in a team or on your own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility. Furthermore, they will be confident and competent with relevant statutory and regulatory framework and of an appropriate range of professional interventions
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Generous annual leave entitlements
* Free or reduced parking rates
* Cycle to work scheme
* Annual season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
* A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
* A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached Tools and models to support , including Signs of Safety
* Regular whole service away days
* Positive and supportive working
* Positive work-life balance - Access to employee benefits and support forms part of our health and wellbeing offer
* Professional reflective supervision - Regular, high-quality reflective supervision which helps to build confidence is available to all.
* Strong Management - A strong performance management culture, with an equally strong focus on practice learning is embedded across the organisation.
* A fantastic learning and development offer - A clearly set out and accessible learning and development pathway, offering an extensive range of training and learning opportunities is accessible for all. This includes funding for post qualifying courses.
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* High levels of quality interventions using AfC's social work practice model, Signs of Safety, agreed quality standards and operating procedures.
* Ensure adolescents are safeguarded from harm whilst parents and carers of adolescents are supported in their parenting capacity to protect and nurture them whilst ensuring that the public is protected where youth offending is concerned
* Develop and lead a culture of partnership and innovation so that services are child focused, flexible and adaptable
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Post qualified experience
* Eligible to work in the UK