Social Worker - Adults Learning Disabilities - Milton Keynes Council - £35,745 - £39,880 per annum
We are recruiting for a Social Worker to join an Adults Learning Disabilities Team based in Milton Keynes.
The successful candidate will join a friendly, supportive and dynamic joint health and social care team comprising of social workers, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, nurses, speech and language therapists as well as psychiatrists and psychologists.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Excellent starting salary from £35,745 - £39,880 per annum
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Flexible working
* Progression opportunities
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Assessment of the needs of adults. Providing clear evidence which fairly and accurately determine the level of need and outcomes identified with the service user.
* Ensure that any interventions or services support the service user in way that enhances their independence, choice and wellbeing
* Monitor and review support plans and services in place to ensure that eligible needs are met in a way that the service user has determined
* Balance the varying demands of a complex social caseload, maintain accurate individual case records and ensure that all required reports are completed.
* Participate in supervisory meetings and appraisals with team manager and/or a senior member of staff on a regular basis ensuring that the line manager is adequately informed about cases and practice, be responsible for own development and identifying training needs.
* Undertake Safeguarding investigations and other specialist assessments specific to the service area.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in social work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Post qualified experience
* Eligible to work in the UK