Social Worker - Initial Response Team - Newcastle - £27 per hour
Working hours: full time, 37.5 per hour
Newcastle Children's Social Care are looking for an experienced Social Worker to work within the Initial Response Service. When the threshold for assessment has been met, the Initial Response Service works with the child and family to determine the next steps required to meet a child's needs and ensure their safety and well-being.
As a Social Worker, you will work within a team supported by an experienced Team Manager who will provide reflective supervision, guidance and advice. The location of the base is in Byker, Newcastle upon Tyne with free parking facilities, however, the Initial Response Service covers cases from across the City.
Due to current COVID19 restrictions; staff are generally working from home and IT equipment will be provided to support remote working; there is an expectation the suitable candidate will work from the office 1 day per week to cover Duty.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Long term contracts
* Stable authority
* Home working available
Duties of this Social Worker role:
* To undertake complex case work ensuring that families and/or individuals receive appropriate support that is consistent, integrated and of the highest standard.
* To prepare and present reports for meetings, conferences and courts etc., to agreed standards
* To work within the statutory framework and comply with Directorate policies, procedures and guidance
* To maintain high quality safeguarding standards for Children or Vulnerable Adults, reporting concerns promptly to the Team Manager
* To promote high standards of professional practice through monitoring, reviewing and evaluation of interventions that will improve the quality of the outcomes for service users
* To update and maintain computer and written records in accordance with Directorate guidelines ensuring the quality of the information noted is accurate and up to date.
* To chair and minute and/or participate in meetings in respect of service users.
* To establish and promote effective working relationships with external partners, agencies and other sections of the Directorate that will improve practice and outcomes for individuals and families.
* To provide advice and guidance on policies and services including the effective involvement of service users through working groups, meeting etc.
* To administer petty cash in accordance with the Authority and the Directorate's financial regulations and procedures.
* To assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and to act in accordance with the Council's policies and procedures.
* To promote and implement the Council's Equality Policy in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes