Supervising Social Worker - Fostering Service - Isle of Man - £40 per hour
We are currently looking for a highly experienced Supervising Social Worker to join the Family Placement Team within Isle of Man Social Services. This role focuses on the delivery of recruitment, assessment, supervision, support and training of foster carers.
The successful Supervising Social Worker will work in partnership with other professionals in order to provide placements that keep children safe and enable children and young people to thrive and reach their potential.
Benefits of this Supervising Social Worker role:
* Effective induction
* Excellent rate of pay
* Reflective Supervision
* Long term contracts available
* Clearly defined Practice Standards and Managers Standards
* Effective and supportive management
* The right technology to undertake your role
* Efficient 'work-life balance' is encouraged
* Flexible/Remote Working
Duties as a Supervising Social Worker:
· The recruitment, assessment, approval, support and supervision of foster carers including connected carers ensuring that the children remain at the centre of any and all processes.
· To prepare and present assessment for the fostering panel including Fostering Assessments, 'Family and Friends' assessments (including viability assessment) and Foster carers' annual reviews. To prepare, in consultation with the child's Social Worker, and present to Foster
· To identify placements for children appropriate to their needs and ensure effective management and support plans are in place to support carers and promote placement stability.
· The identification, preparation and implementation of training for prospective and approved carers in accordance with carers professional development plans ensuring that safeguarding is embedded within the Service and in the approach of carers.
· To enable on-going reflective supervision and to provide support to approved foster carers, both prior, during and after placement to enable foster carers to develop their skills and practice.
· To keep up to date and organised case files in line with Departmental policies.
· Preparation of review reports on carers on a regular basis (minimum annually).
· The provision of direct work with carer's (and their own children where appropriate), all within agreed programs of activity/work.
· Reporting to the Registered Manager on the work of the Fostering Service and advising on further development to contribute to service development.
· To deal with representations (including complaints) speedily and effectively ensuring that carers are adequately supported through the process.
· To assess and prepare prospective adopters, presenting such assessments to Adoption Panel utilising the expertise of the Practice Lead Adoption, Family Placement Service.
· To assess applicants for Special Guardianship Orders in line with Departmental policy and procedure, utilising the expertise of the Practice Lead Adoption, Family Placement Service.
· To undertake other adoption related activity as allocated under the guidance and direction of the Adoption Practice Lead.
Essential requirements of this Supervising Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes