Social Work Team Manager - Children's School's Project Team - Hull - £43 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced and passionate Team Manager (social worker) to join the Children's School's Project Team in Hull.
This is a limited project that has funding for until March 2022. The Team Manager will sit under the East Locality, and be responsible for managing 8 social workers who are based in 8 of our local secondary schools.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Chance to be part of an experienced and supportive team
* Access to relevant council training
* Home working available
* High pay rate for the area
Duties of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Team Managers are responsible for the performance and practice of the team.
* Teams Managers will prioritise the quality of practice balanced alongside a focus on a set of agreed performance measures, based on statutory and inspection requirements.
* Team Managers will drive key service and directorate wide priorities and ensure that the team is fully informed and engaged within its wider context a directorate, a council, and a wider partnership.
* The Team Manger will lead and drive key aspects of partnership working. The role will work in partnership with colleagues, parents, and carers to ensure that child centred, purposeful systemic practice is the standard for all social work and related practice. Team Managers will routinely seek feedback from children, young people, and families through Quality Assurance work, learning from complaints and compliments received.
* Team Managers will set a tone which listens and values user feedback, whilst ensuring that feedback is shared and escalated when appropriate, to influence service design and improvement.
* Team Managers will complete routine Quality Assurance work to ensure that learning is embedded within team culture and practice. Quality Assurance includes case audits, observation of practice & Feedback from Children, Young People and Families.
* Team Managers will monitor practice and individual / team performance using a Performance Dashboard and other Performance Reports. Importantly, Team Managers will prioritise performance management tasks and approach them in a way which sets a tone of continuous improvement, learning and development.
* Team Managers will be responsible for the allocation of work to team members and the transfer of work between other parts of the social care system. Team Managers will have a sound knowledge and oversight of the team caseload at any point, whilst promoting a set of system wide priorities and standards around workflow and a transfer process. Importantly, Team Managers will achieve a balanced focus between the team caseload and a priority to ensure workflow/ transition through the system in a timely way.
* Team Managers will make and record their decisions around case work, ensuring that all work is well planned and purposeful in order to effect positive change for children
* Where possible, the goal will be to support children safely with the minimum of statutory intervention possible, promoting a principle of 'normality', family-based care and early help community-based services which are local and accessible.
* Team Managers will prioritise decision making which is predicated on a high degree of systemic and reflective thinking.
* Team Managers will be required to understand, and present to their teams, a set of statutory requirements which apply to the whole social care system. In addition, Team Managers will have a higher level of understanding and directly manage a set of statutory requirements which specifically relate to the service area in which they work.
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Social Work England registration
* Social Work qualified
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Extensive post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes