Social Worker - Child Exploitation Team - Southend-On-Sea - £32,234 - £37,890 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join a Child Exploitation Team based in Southend-On-Sea.
The council is a unitary authority based in the heart of the town centre offering traditional seaside living that makes it a great place to live and work. This diverse and busy town has great public parks and leisure activities, competitive house pricing and excellent travel links, accessible via 2 train lines form Liverpool St and Fenchurch Street.
The council is ambitious for the future of Southend-on-Sea and is working with local partners and local communities to ensure we deliver our exciting ambition for 2050.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Relocation grant of up to £8,000
* Welcome payment of £1000 upon joining and a subsequent retention payment of £2000 per year
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* Savings of up to £900 on childcare vouchers
* Car scheme that allows workers to drive new, fully maintenance, insured car at a lower cost
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* To work with children and young people who are at risk of, or experiencing, sexual exploitation, associated with gangs and at risk of exploitation and children & young people missing from home, care or education
* To provide professional and comprehensive casework to a caseload of children and young people appropriate to experience and capabilities
* To ensure the highest of professional standards and good overall knowledge of relevant legislation regulation and practice methods
* To provide an efficient and cost effective service to children, young people and their families, ensuring that the needs of the children and their parents/carers are professionally assessed
* To investigate, evaluate and analyse information on cases, demonstrating clarity of assessment, reliability of information, evidences conclusions and realistic action plans
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Post qualified experience
* Eligible to work in the UK