Social Work Team Manager - Safeguarding/Court Service - North East Lincolnshire - £42.50 per hour
We are looking for an experienced, passionate Team Manager (social worker) to join the Safeguarding Team in North East Lincolnshire. This role is within the Safeguarding and Court Service.
As a Team Manager, you will be joining a team who focus on Child Protection work where children are subject to CP plans and may be subject to Pre-Proceedings. They will drive the Core Group with partners to progress the plan. The service will progress all court applications through the 26 -week court timescale and lead on tasks within the court care plan to progression to prevent drift and delay
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Chance to be part of an experienced and supportive team
* Access to relevant council training
* Home working available
* High pay rate for the area
Duties of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* As Team Manager you will lead, manage and direct the Court Services & Safeguarding Team of qualified social workers and family support workers. The roles requires working in partnership with colleagues across Children's Social Care, wider NELC departments and partners to provide a child-centred approach.
* As a key player in the Children's Services Management Team, you will also work closely with Service Managers to define operational delivery plans that ensure the efficient use of resources and with the wider management team to contribute to the continued development of the service. You will lead on service improvement models and work alongside other Team Managers to ensure a consistent approach and delivery.
* You will work collaboratively with other Team Managers to manage the case allocation to Assistant Team Managers, who will then allocate to social workers within their teams. You will retain the overview of these allocations to ensure equity depending on competence, capacity, risk and the individual circumstances of workers. This includes working with other Team Managers to monitor and manage capacity across the service and moving resources as required.
* You will be responsible for translating the wider service objectives and targets into team deliverables and individual objectives and targets for Assistant Team Managers and then monitoring and managing these objectives. As Team Manager, you are accountable for the quality and effectiveness of your team's performance as measured by national and local performance indicators. This will be achieved not only through close monitoring but also by creating a working environment and culture that is positive, supportive and motivates and develops all members of the team so they can deliver best practice.
* You will be accountable for finding, identifying, analysing and interpreting data and feedback received during complaint investigations, Ofsted inspections and audits and then ensure that any learning is embedded across the service.
* You will promote, support and provide scrutiny for the professional student placement and ASEY programmes for newly qualified staff.
* You will represent the Council on appropriate aspects of your operational area at a regional and local level, deputising for the Service Manager as required.
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Extensive post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.