Social Worker - Locality Team - Cannock - £38,756 per annum + market premium
We are looking for a Social Worker to join a service which provides a locality-based offer to children who are subject to Child in Need and Child Protection plans including where Court proceedings are instigated.
Our client has a POD model in place and you will have the support of Team Managers and Senior Practitioners. You will practice using the Signs of Safety approach and will be provided with training. Additional support services are in place to enhance the quality of intervention provided by the social workers in this service area.
A locally based Service Manager provides oversight and guidance on high risk cases and provide focus on quality, standards and performance across the locality.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Well regarded employee counselling services
* Free car parking
* Cycle to work scheme
* Paid SWE
* Lease car scheme
* Option to purchase of additional leave
* Discounts at high-street stores and supermarket shopping
* Special offers on leisure activities and gym memberships
The successful Social Worker will:
* Be an energetic and enthusiastic experienced senior practitioner who demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for practice.
* Have significant experience of working in statutory children's services and an in depth understanding of the interventions required to build safety and protect children from harm.
* Have dedication and knowledge to providing quality support and supervision to other social workers, especially newly qualified workers and in some cases will co-work to enhance their skills and learning.
* Have experience of offering social work student placements, be a qualified practice educator or be willing to undertake that training.
* Be able to evidence your skills and knowledge of creative, innovative and relationship-based social work and demonstrate your ability to lead a skilled workforce.
* Have a strong, trustworthy and credible professional reputation.
* Have retained a strong interest in research and the evidence base for practice and are confident about how this can be used in practice.
* Be confident in the application of the Signs of Safety methodology but certainly in the value of relationship-based social work.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Post qualified experience
* Eligible to work in the UK