Social Worker - Child Exploitation - Dudley - £38,890 per annum
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to join the Child Exploitation Team in Dudley, West Midlands. This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and engaging authority.
The benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Manageable cases loads
* A comprehensive learning and development package
* High quality professional supervision
* Supportive and collaborative team working
* Excellent progression opportunities
* A bespoke induction package
* Agile working including working from home opportunities and flexi time arrangements
* A permanent senior management team
* Onsite free parking
* A comprehensive and enhanced learning and development programme developed alongside the government's new accreditation scheme and provided by our innovative Dudley Centre for Professional Practice.
* A service-wide mandatory Restorative Practice training programme with ongoing implementation of restorative practice across all services
* Excellent staff engagement opportunities with quarterly staff briefing sessions, team manager meetings, staff reference groups and weekly chief officer chats
* Generous relocation package
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* A generous annual leave entitlement
* Defined career progression and pathway opportunities
* Car sharing scheme
* A cycle purchase scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Paycare health scheme (Contributory)
* Travel pass
* Discounted leisure centre benefits
The primary purpose of the role is to:
* Contribute to the delivery of an effective children's social care service as part of a specialist social work team, improving outcomes for children who are vulnerable to exploitation
* Manage caseloads for a child exploitation team and work across partner agencies to develop services for children at risk of extra familial harm
* Carry out high quality assessments, using child-centred, community focused, and multiagency interventions to bring about positive change through developing effective relationships, and to secure the best outcomes for children and young people.
* Ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with Dudley LSCB, departmental policy and procedures, and relevant legislation.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* You must be a qualified Social Worker with a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load.
* Have completed section 47 investigation.
* Possess a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
* Have the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
* Good knowledge of child development
* A clear decision maker and good team worker.
* A current Enhanced DBS and registration with Social Work England
* The legal right to work in the UK