Social Worker - Fostering Team - North East Lincolnshire - £32 per hour
We are currently looking for a Social Worker to join the Fostering Team in North East Lincolnshire. They require an experienced, passionate Social Worker who has post qualified experience in a Fostering role.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Chance to be part of an experienced and supportive team
* Access to relevant council training
* Home working available
* High pay rate for the area
Duties of this Social Worker role:
* Independently manage a caseload of the most complex and contentious of cases, which could include the assessment, planning, implementation of Child in Need Plans, evaluation and review of appropriate action to ensure that appropriate resources are deployed to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and their families within the required timescales.
* Professionally practice in accordance with the HCPC 'Code of Practice', 'Professional Standards for Social Workers' and 'Code of Ethics' for Social Workers and adhere to the professional standards of the PCF.
* Undertake direct line management of social workers (Up to Level 2).
* Support less experienced team members with case management and decisions, personal and professional development and provide formal and informal mentoring.
* Deputise for the case supervisor in their absence, including oversight of team, support with case direction and attend meetings and panels as appropriate.
* Complete robust assessments of need using the Single Assessment Process including the gathering and analysis of information to inform judgements about risk of harm to children and young people.
* Monitor, review and reassess individual care and support packages and respond to changing needs and issues which arise.
* Work in partnership with other agencies to ensure individuals and families receive a co-ordinated response and services appropriate and proportionate to their assessed need and as appropriate, act as lead professional.
* Use a variety of evidence-based social work skills and methods to achieve specific objectives as agreed with service users, Case Supervisor and Team Manager.
* Undertake direct work with children, young people and their families and carers, taking into account their wishes and feelings and promoting child and family resilience which helps to reduce dependence upon services.
* Take necessary statutory, or other, action in relation to the liberty or safety of children, including emergency situations, liaising with other agencies when appropriate.
* Prepare, within stated timescales, statements/applications for submission to Family Courts and represent Children's Services as and when required (and appropriate) in Court in accordance with NELC's procedures to safeguard and promote the welfare of the child.
* Perform NELC's statutory functions in respect of children in need and children whom the Local Authority is looking after; and to be an advocate for children in Court proceedings, statutory panels and with other agencies.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK drivers' licence
* Post-qualified experience in Fostering
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.