Deputy Team Manager - Social Work - Fieldwork Team - Stockton Council - £35.50 per hour
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker Deputy Team Manager to join the Fieldwork Team for Stockton Council.
The successful candidate will be committed to providing good outcomes for children and young people. For this role, applicants must already have the skills and ability to manage a reduced caseload and support the Team Manager to lead a team of Social Workers whilst also being confident in assessing and managing situations where there are child protection issues and high levels of need.
Benefits as a Fieldwork Deputy Team Manager include:
* Supportive team environment
* Flexible working
* Free on-site office car parking although mostly remote working
Duties as a Fieldwork Deputy Team Manager include:
* Responsible for the line management of Senior Family Workers and Family Workers within the Fieldwork Team.
* Assist the Team Manager with work allocation, supervision, workload management, target setting and performance appraisal using manual and electronic systems.
* Monito and manage budgets as directed by the Team Manager.
* Chair and attend a range of meetings on behalf of the Team Manager, including Strategy/Legal/Public Law Outline (PLO) meetings, Initial Child Protection Conference (ICPC) and Review Child Protection Conference (RCPC).
* Ensure that each team member provides high quality assessment and services within the legislative and policy framework. This will include quality assuring documents, case file audits and observation of staff to improve practice.
* Liaise with colleagues in other service areas and agencies to ensure effective working relationships and coordinated services.
* Support and assist in the management of delegated budgets and resources with due regard to economy, efficiency and effectiveness in line with organisational policy.
* To deputise in the absence of the Team Manager.
* To ensure that all customers both internal and external, receive a consistently high-quality level of service, commensurate to the standards required by Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council.
Requirements as a Fieldwork Deputy Team Manager include:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Free access to Liquid's exclusive social work training and CPD portal
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.