Social Worker - Fostering Team - Southend-On-Sea - Up to £37,890 per annum
Working hours: Full time
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to join a Fostering Team in Southend-On-Sea. The successful Social Worker will work as a placements officer in house, there will be no case holding.
The main purpose of the position is to develop and take a lead role in the day to day matching of in-house foster placement vacancies, identify and co-ordinate foster placements for children and young people who need to be looked after by the Local Authority. These placements may be short term, long term, for respite care and parent and child placements.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Relocation grant of up to £8,000
* Welcome Payment of £1000 upon joining and a subsequent retention payment of £2000 per year.
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* Savings of up to £900 on childcare vouchers
* Car scheme that allows workers to drive new, fully maintenance, insured car at a lower cost
Duties as a Social Worker:
* You will receive request/referrals for foster placements, respite or shared care from field Social Workers and Supervising Social Workers, work closely with the PVI Placement Officer to identify suitable placements for children and young people.
* Provide Foster Carers with all appropriate information (as per Fost regs and NMS) to make an informed decision about taking a placement.
* Liaise with all key internal and external stakeholders including supervising social workers, foster carers, children's social workers, team managers and senior managers where appropriate as well as quality assure placement referrals to ensure that all relevant information is received to enable an informed and child centred placement search to take place.
* Liaise with child SW in respect of any updates amendments to be made.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Registered on Social Work England
* Social Work qualified, with extensive post qualified experience
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full clean UK driving license
For more information please email email@example.com