Social Worker - Children with Disabilities Team - Chessington - £33,948 - £40,728 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join a Children with Disabilities Team based in Chessington.
Achieving for Children recognise these are unprecedented times, but they continue to build capacity to support their most vulnerable groups. To do this they are continuing to attract talented professionals to join them whilst they continue to provide OUTSTANDING (Kingston ILACS Ofsted 2019) services.
The Children with Disabilities Team work with children from the initial referral through to a child becoming looked after or seeking care orders, if that is the required pathway.
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* Positive and supportive working environments - They have a highly supportive working environment in which managers are challenging and supporting in equal measures.
* Positive work-life balance - Access to employee benefits and support forms part of their health and wellbeing offer.
* A competitive salary and access to LA pension scheme - Their salaries are benchmarked against other local authorities.
* A range of staff benefits and discounts managed via your own app - Staff can enjoy a wide range of discounts on sports and leisure activities and everyday shopping through AfC My Place.
* Professional reflective supervision - Regular, high-quality reflective supervision which helps to build confidence is available to all.
* Strong Management - A strong performance management culture, with an equally strong focus on practice learning is embedded across the organisation.
* A fantastic learning and development offer - A clearly set out and accessible learning and development pathway, offering an extensive range of training and learning opportunities are accessible for all. This includes funding for post qualifying courses.
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* Assessing the needs of children and their families in accordance with the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need and their families within statutory timescales.
* Develop Child in Need, Child Protection and Children Looked After plans, and participate in relevant Child in Need meetings, Children Looked After meetings and core group meetings.
* Use a range of interventions to engage children, young people and their families in working towards the objectives of their individual care plans.
* Building strong and respectful working relationships both with our families but also with partners.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org