Social Worker - Safeguarding - Swindon - £40,861 - £42,635 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Children's Social Worker to join a Safeguarding Team based in Swindon.
The successful candidate will have greater confidence and independence (whilst accessing support when needed), and use their initiative to broaden their repertoire of responses; they will have expertise in one or more areas of practice, are familiar with local resource networks and are recognised by peers as a source of reliable knowledge and advice..
Benefits of this Social Worker role include:
* £3000 "golden hello" payment after 1 years' service
* Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years' service and a further £2000 after 3 years' service
* Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
* Competitive salaries
* Free car parking at their central Swindon campus
* A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 31 days after 10 years' service
* Leisure and Legal Services discounts
* Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
* Flexible working
* "Happy to talk Flexible working"
* Brand new Social Work and Leadership Academy
* Multi-million pound investment into Children's Services at a time when authorities all over the country are cutting budgets
* Significant restructure creating smaller social worker teams with better supervision, smaller case loads, and more opportunity for CPD
Responsibilities of this Social Worker role include:
* To uphold standards of practice for social workers as defined by the Health and Care Professions Council and in accordance with the BASW Professional Capabilities Framework for Social Workers.
* To practice in accordance with the BASW Professional Capabilities Framework for Social Workers (the national occupational standards for the profession) at the level of Social Worker.
* Practice effectively, exercising higher quality judgements, in situations of increasing complexity, risk, uncertainty and challenge.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Post qualified experience
* Registered with Social Work England
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com