Consultant Social Worker - Child Protection Team - Hertfordshire - Up to £48,857 per annum
We are currently looking for a highly qualified Consultant Social Worker to join a Child Protection Team based in Hertfordshire.
The successful candidate will join a supportive team and have the option to work flexibly.
Benefits of this Consultant Social Worker role include:
* Competitive starting salary up to £48,857 per annum depending on experience (including up to £5k market forces & £1k welcome payment)
* Relocation expenses of up to £6000 for those candidates that need to relocate for the role
* Car lease scheme
* Free parking at all of our sites
* Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
* Flexible working arrangements including working from home and flexi time
* Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
* Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
Responsibilities of this Consultant Social Worker role include:
* Undertake child protection investigations and assessments of risk/need, for cases which meet agreed threshold.
* Work closely with adult's specialists to develop creative multi-disciplinary care plans for children who are subject to child protection or child in need plans.
* Inform the Team Manager when they consider care/PLO proceedings may need to be initiated.
* Ensure the Service's procedures for managing risk of significant harm to children are followed at all times, and to seek appropriate advice and authorisation from managers. Conduct care proceedings on behalf of the Service with appropriate guidance and authorisation.
* Ensure reports and statement for court, case conferences and looked after reviews are prepared to a high standard, in time for deadlines and evidence involvement of children, families (including absent fathers) and carers.
* Represent the service in magistrates, county and high courts.
* Instruct solicitors, counsel and expert witnesses, in care proceedings with appropriate authorisation.
* Follow the Service's procedures for the authorisation
Essential requirements of this Consultant Social Worker role include:
* Degree or equivalent in Social Work
* Registered with Social Work England
* Post qualified experience
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org