Social Worker - Looked After Children - Kingston - £34,884 - £37,722 per annum
Working hours: 36 per week
We are currently looking for a Social Worker to join the Looked After Children Team in Kingston. The team supports children and young people aged 0-18 that are accommodated by Richmond and Kingston. Children and young people are placed in various settings such as Kinship placements, foster placement, and residential provisions.
The successful Social Worker will have experience of building strong partnerships, maintaining relationships and co-producing solutions to challenges across a diverse set of stakeholders, including children, young people and their families.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Generous annual leave entitlements
* Free or reduced parking rates
* Cycle to work scheme
* Annual season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
* Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
* A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
* A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
* Tools and models to support, including Signs of Safety
* Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
* Regular whole service away days
As a Social Worker you will be responsible for:
* Acting as a corporate parent to our children and being the lead professional.
* Championing the views and wishes of our children and young people so that they may be supported to reach their full potential.
* Working alongside other professionals, to ensure that a child and/or young person receives appropriate care, education and health services, and any other support needed to ensure their needs are appropriately met.
* Supporting children living with relatives, friends of foster families and prospective adopters or children living in children's homes and young people in semi-independent units.
* Ensuring their safety and supporting them towards independence.
* Undertaking regular statutory visits, complete and update assessments and review the children and young people's care plan.
* Occasionally preparing reports and attending court.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* Social Work qualified
* Social Work England registered
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com