Social Worker - Assessment Service - Dudley - £38,890 per annum
We have partnered with Dudley in the West Midlands to provide Social Workers to their Children's Assessment Service. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and engaging authority.
If you have the skill, determination and commitment to improve outcomes for children and families, and the drive to continue the positive development within the service, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The benefits of this Social Worker role:
* Manageable cases loads
* A comprehensive learning and development package
* High quality professional supervision
* Supportive and collaborative team working
* Excellent progression opportunities
* A bespoke induction package
* Agile working including working from home opportunities and flexi time arrangements
* A permanent senior management team
* Onsite free parking
* A comprehensive and enhanced learning and development programme developed alongside the government's new accreditation scheme and provided by our innovative Dudley Centre for Professional Practice.
* A service-wide mandatory Restorative Practice training programme with ongoing implementation of restorative practice across all services
* Excellent staff engagement opportunities with quarterly staff briefing sessions, team manager meetings, staff reference groups and weekly chief officer chats
* Generous relocation package
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* A generous annual leave entitlement
* Defined career progression and pathway opportunities
* Car sharing scheme
* A cycle purchase scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Paycare health scheme (Contributory)
* Travel pass
* Discounted leisure centre benefits
Duties as a Social Worker:
* You will be a part of our dynamic social work teams to deliver a high-quality service to the children and their families of Dudley through case managing Child in Need, Child Protection and initial PLO planning.
* You will have an opportunity to enhance and develop your skills as Dudley offers a wide range of training & development opportunities both in-house training and through other means such as Research in Practice.
* You will have an assigned administrative co-ordinator and direct access to the Centre for Professional Practice team, with a dedicated Advance Practitioner aligned to support improvement across all of Duty & Assessment.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
* You must be Social Work qualified with a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load.
* Have completed section 47 investigation.
* Possess a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
* Have the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
* Good knowledge of child development
* A clear decision maker and good team worker.
* A current Enhanced DBS and registration with Social Work England
* The legal right to work in the UK