Independent Reviewing Officer - Dudley - £47,711 to £51,249 per annum
We are currently looking for an Independent Reviewing Officer (social work qualified) to join a fantastic team in Dudley.
The role of the Independent Reviewing Officer is required to provide a comprehensive reviewing service for children and young people looked after and children and young people subject to child protection plans in Dudley.
Benefits of this Independent Reviewing Officer role:
* Great transport links
* Position that provides great career enhancement
* Friendly and supportive team
* Supportive management
* Progression and Secondment opportunities
* Work flexibly, and are open to discuss hours to suit.
Duties as an Independent Reviewing Officer:
* The successful candidate will work within the framework of the IRO Handbook, linked to revised Care Planning Regulations and Guidance and Working Together (2018) and other relevant legislation, guidelines and procedures associated research and best practise.
* Dudley is working to embed Restorative Practice throughout our services and the IRO role is central in embracing a culture of participation and reflective listening and learning.
* The successful candidate will have responsibility for the management of the review process with a wider overview of care planning for children and young people, including regular monitoring and follow-up between statutory child care reviews and child protection conferences; and will be required to have a good understanding of the role of the LADO, sufficient to provide Lado cover in line with the needs of the service.
* The Reviewing Officer has a key role in relation to the improvement of Care Planning and progressing Child Protection plans challenging drift and delay on behalf of children and young people.
* The successful candidate will be Social Work qualified with demonstrable experience in children's services, with clear evidence of management and supervisory experience, excellent written and communication skills and evidence of partnership working.
Essential requirements of this Independent Reviewing Officer role:
* Social Work qualified with demonstrable experience in children's services
* Social Work England registration
* Clear evidence of management and supervisory experience
* Excellent written and communication skills and evidence of partnership working.
* The legal right to work in the UK