Support Worker - Adults Learning Disabilities - Kirklees - £12.13 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced Support Worker to support adults with learning disabilities in Kirklees.
The successful candidate will be providing care in all aspects of everyday living which can include: Movement and handling, supporting with activities in base, helping out at lunchtime, supporting individuals with moderate challenging behaviour, following all policies and procedures including COVID 19 guidance.
The Support Worker could be working in a team also taking the lead from the base team leader.
The benefits of this Support Worker role:
* £12.13 per hour pay rate
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Supportive team and management
* Career development opportunities
Duties as a Support Worker:
* You will need to be flexible in your approach to work and work patterns
* Identify the care needs of adults living in Kirklees and to provide cost effective, quality services which safeguard and promote the wellbeing of those people in greatest need
* Arrange services which help people to live independently in their local communities or with families, friends, and relatives for as long as they want, or are able
Essential requirements of this Support Worker role:
* High level of understanding of Adult Social Care
* Hold the Care Certificate (or equivalent) or be prepared to complete this within 12 weeks of appointment
* A basic awareness of health and safety issues
* A basic awareness of food hygiene
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* We will assist you from the initial phone call onwards throughout the whole process
* Twice weekly payroll
* Competitive hourly rates
* Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
* Interview and coaching support
* Pre and post placement support to ensure you're happy in the role